About Our Office
Committee for Community & Diversity (CCD)
What is the Committee for Community & Diversity?
As a matter of introduction, CCD is a non-policy making group that:
- Was developed post Diversity Task Force Report (issued September 1999) by the president;
- Engages in diversity, community and civility issues that affect the TC community;
- Does not handle individual "ombudsperson", or budgetary matters;
- Provides TC's only cross-constituency committee (19 members), (unlike the College Policy Council which excluded union members, had 46 members and was involved in budgetary matters).
- The membership of the Committee for Community and Diversity shall be constituted as follows:
1. Four Faculty representatives – two to be elected for a term of one year from the Faculty Executive Committee, one Departmental Chairs, one At-large respectively.
2. Three Professional Staff representatives shall be appointed for one year from the Professional Staff Association, Management Network and At-large respectively.
3. Three Union representatives shall be appointed for a term of one year.
4. Five student representatives shall be appointed for a term of one year from the Student Senate.
5. Three administration representatives including the President, the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
6. One representative shall be appointed from the Office of Access & Services for Individuals with Disabilities (OASID).
7. One representative shall be appointed from the Office of International Student Services.
8. Two at-large representatives shall be appointed by the Chair of the Committee for Community and Diversity as deemed necessary with notice to the Committee
- Each of the above constituents shall develop their own mechanism to select their members for appointment to the Committee for Community and Diversity. Reappointment shall be determined by the constituent group.
- The purpose of the Committee for Community and Diversity shall be generally to:
1. Advise the President on and promote and engage all constituents in college-wide diversity, community-building and civility projects and concerns.
2. The Committee shall not act as ombudsperson for individual concerns.
- The Committee shall consult widely, inviting and receiving comments and suggestions from all sectors of the College on diversity, community and civility concerns and initiatives.
CCD Membership 2015-2016
Committee for Community and Diversity
As of 8.18.15
12/2/2015, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM