Ed.D. Student Forms
The forms and brochures are posted in Adobe (.pdf) and/or Fillable Form (Word) format for download and printing. All of these forms are available from the Office of Doctoral Studies. Please watch for forms and brochures updates posted in the Announcements.
NOTE: ALL FORMS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE OF DOCTORAL STUDIES WILL BECOME OFFICIAL UNIVERSITY DOCUMENTS AND THEREFORE MUST BE EITHER TYPED OR FILLED OUT AND SIGNED IN BLUE OR BLACK INK ONLY. ANY OTHER COLOR OR WRITING MEDIUM (I.E., PENCIL, MARKER, ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AND WILL BE RETURNED.
- Requirements for the Degree of Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) (Adobe pdf) - This is the Ed.D. student's main source of information regarding the completion of the Doctor of Education degree from Admission to the final deposit of the dissertation. Last Update: September 2011
- October 2012 Certification Examination Instructions (Adobe pdf) - This form is required to apply for the Certification Examinations that are held in October, February, and in some cases June. Last Update: May 2012
NOTE: The Certification Examination Application has a deadline which is noted in the instructions. This link is only active through the deadline date. See the Academic Calendar for specific dates. FORMS SUBMITTED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL BE REVIEWED BY THE ED.D. COMMITTEE FOR APPROVAL. IF SUBMITTED LATE, A LETTER FROM THE STUDENT'S ADVISOR EXPLAINING EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES IS REQUIRED. THIS FORM WILL CHANGE AFTER EACH EXAMINATION SO PREVIOUS EXAMINATION APPLICATION FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Statement of Total Program (Adobe pdf)(Fillable form) - This form is required to submit the Statement of Total Program. Last Update: August 2011
- Program Plan and Instructions (Adobe pdf)(Fillable form) - This form is required to sumbit the Program Plan. Please carefully read the instructions prior to completing the Program Plan. Last Update: June 2009
- Change of Program Plan (Adobe pdf)(Fillable form) - This form is used if the student has taken classes that are different from the previously approved Program Plan. Upon being Recommended for Certification, students should compare their approved Program Plan with their current transcript. If there are differences (i.e., different classes taken than previously expected, new transfer credits approved, etc.) then this form must be filled out and submitted. Last Update: January 2009
- Computation of Grade Deciles (Adobe pdf)(Fillable form) - This form is used primarily by the student to compute his or her grade decile to confirm he or she meets the minimum College requirements. This form is not turned into the Office of Doctoral Studies. Last Updated: December 2008
- Dissertation Proposal Hearing Report and Instructions (Adobe pdf)(Fillable form)- This form is required to deposit the Dissertation Proposal. Please carefully read the Instructions before submitting all required documents. Last Update: January 2009
- Intention to Defend the Dissertation and Instructions (Adobe pdf)(Fillable form) - This form is required to let the Office of Doctoral Studes know that the student is ready to defend his or her dissertation. Please read the instructions carefully and ensure you have completed all program and College requirements before submitting this form. Last Update: October 2008
NOTE: The Intention to Defend the Dissertation form has a deadline which is set by the College. See the Academic Calendar for specific dates. THIS FORM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE WITHOUT A LETTER FROM THE STUDENT'S SPONSOR EXPLAINING EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Ed.D. Personal Exemption/Waiver Request Petition (Adobe pdf)(Fillable Form) - This form is only used after a student becomes Obligated for Continuous Registration. A student is limited to two (2) semesters of Personal Exemption. Please carefully read the instructions on the requirements of either Personal Exemptions or Waivers and eligibility for them. Last Update: January 2009
- Petition for Extension of Certification (Adobe pdf)(Fillable form) - This form is used only after a student is Certified and he/she will be unable to complete his/her dissertation prior to the expiration of Certification. Please carefully read the instructions for eligible reasons why a student's period of Certification may be extended. Last Update: December 2008
- Guide to the Oral Dissertation Defense (Adobe pdf) - This pamphlet is used to assist Doctoral Candidates in learning about the Oral Defense and how to prepare for it. Last Update: July 2009
- Teachers College Ed.D. Manual of Style (Adobe pdf) - This pamphlet is critical for candidates to assist them in preparing their Dissertation for submission. Last Update: October 2011
- Criteria for Schedule Summer Oral Defenses (Adobe pdf) - This pamphlet provides important information for candidates who wish to request permission to defend their dissertation during Summer Terms. Last Update: September 2011