Deadlines & Application Status
*Please consult our Interactive Guide to confirm program specific deadlines and term availability.
For most, but not all, Teachers College programs, the application deadlines are as follows:
Spring 2014 Entry
- Final Deadline: November 1, 2013
Summer or Fall 2014 Entry
- Early Deadline: December 15, 2013
- Final Deadline: December 15, 2013
- Early Deadline: January 2, 2014
- Final Deadline: April 1, 2014
- Early Deadline: January 15, 2014
- Final Deadline: April 15, 2014*
*Some of our master's programs have a rolling deadline. Please consult the Interactive Guide for the most up-to-date information.
Once you have submitted your online application, you can check the status of your application by logging into The NEXT STEP TC. The username and password for the online application and The NEXT STEP TC are the same.
Please note the following:
- In order for us to provide information about received materials, you must have submitted the online application.
- It takes approximately two weeks from the time you submit your online application for our office to process received materials and update your NEXT STEP account to reflect receipt.
- Your NEXT STEP TC account, as well as our application status emails, are not in real time. They provide you with an estimated time frame of your application status. Please allow two weeks to pass before contacting our office.
These are estimated dates for decision notification based on past application review cycles. The Admission Committee is not obligated to provide decisions in the time frame listed below.
- Early Deadline: Applicants that met the early deadline for our programs that begin in the fall can expect to receive an admission decision via email around the middle-to-end of March.
- Final Deadline: Applicants that met the final deadline for our programs can expect to receive and admission decision via email toward the end of May.
- Rolling Deadline: Applicants applying to a "rolling" deadline program will receive an admission decision on a rolling basis that can range from 6-8 weeks from the point the application became complete.