Professorial: Admission Requirements
- A Baccalaureate degree with a major in any field that is approved by Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in a state in the United States of America or in a province of Canada. For students from other countries, a current permit from the New York State Board of Nursing is required to practice nursing. In addition, students from other countries must have a license to practice from their own country. International students must also submit one of the following: a minimum score of 100 on the internet-based TOEFL (IBT), a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based TOEFL, or a minimum score of 7.0 on the IELTS examination. International students should also contact the Office of Admissions for further application requirements.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 from the undergraduate program. Applicants are expected to formally document fulfillment of this requirement upon admission.
- One year of continuous post-baccalaureate fulltime clinical nursing practice experience in a particular area. Applicants are expected to formally document fulfillment of this requirement upon admission.
- Potential candidates who do not meet these admission standards but who can demonstrate substantial ability shall have the option to petition the Faculty of the Executive Program for Nurses to be considered for admission based on alternative evidence of ability.