Bill and Melinda Gates Receive Klingenstein Leadership Award
Klingenstein Center Director, Pearl Rock Kane's, remarks:
It is indeed an honor and a privilege to present Bill and Melinda Gates with the 2012 Klingenstein Leadership Award. Since 1991 the Klingenstein Center has granted this award annually to honor individuals whose work has influenced the lives of educators or students in enduring ways. As the 2012 recipients you are in good company. Six previous recipients of the award have particular relevance to your accomplishments and your belief that all lives have equal value.
- Professor Howard Gardner, for his pioneering work on “multiple intelligences”;
- Spelman College President Beverly Daniel Tatum, for fostering understanding of racism as an implicit system of advantage;
- Researcher and author Jim Collins for his work on organization leadership;
- Psychologist Carol Dweck for research demonstrating the malleability of intelligence;
- Researcher Sugata Mitra, for his work with self organized learning environments including the Hole in the Wall experiment;
- And entertainment mogul Oprah Winfrey, for spreading literacy and for building numerous schools for impoverished youth, including the Leadership Academy in South Africa.
Click here to read more.Click here to read more.