MA in Bilingual/Bicultural Childhood Education (Stream A)
M.A. in Bilingual/Bicultural Childhood Education - Dual Stream A
40 Points (Minimum)
- Leading to Initial Certification in Childhood Education (1-6) and the Bilingual Extension Certification
- Optional Middle Childhood Education Extension Certification (5-9)
- We do not recommend getting an Internship Certificate after completion of 50% of the program. However, if these are your plans, please see your advisor during the first Fall semester.
- In the first Spring semester, students will communicate with the Student Teaching Coordinator regarding initial teaching placement for the coming Fall.
- If you already have your own classroom, take Student Teaching for 3 credits. If you need a classroom placement, you must take Student Teaching for 4 credits.
Childhood, Culture, Language and Education
Foundations of Bilingual/Bicultural Education
Bilingual/Bicultural Curriculum Design: Social Studies
TESOL Methodologies for K-6
Language Workshops in Bilingual Education
Curriculum for Teaching Bilingual/Bicultural Children
Linguistic Foundations of Bilingual/Bicultural Education
Teaching Literacy in Bilingual Settings
Curriculum & Methods for Bilingual Ed: Science
Curriculum & Methods for Bilingual Ed: Math
Teaching Bilingual Children I
Learning & Teaching Reading/Writing in the Classroom
Teacher Inquiry: Bilingual Education
Student Teaching in Bilingual Institutions
Choose an out-of-program elective
Teaching Bilingual Children II
Foundations of Bilingual Special Education
Cross-Cultural Communication and Classroom Ecology
Curriculum Development & Instruction in Inclusive Elem. Ed.
Professional Lab Experience- Student Teaching Elem. School
Additional Requirement for NY State Certification
Developmental Psychology: Childhood (or equivalent)