Advanced Certificate in Bilingual/ Bicultural Education
Advanced Certificate in Bilingual/Bicultural Education 15-16 Points
- Leading to Bilingual Extension Certification - for students who already hold teacher certification and are not seeking a Masters, or who are pursuing teacher certification and a Masters in another program.
- This is not a degree program.
- Non-TC students who wish to enroll in the Advanced Certificate Program must complete a non-degree student application through the Office of Admission, and submit the BBE Supplemental Application (see How to Apply)
- TC students who wish to enroll in the Advanced Certificate Program must submit the BBE Supplemental Application (see How to Apply).
- A&HB 4121 should be taken jointly with A&HB 4133 and A&HB 4134. A&HB 4133 must be taken jointly with A&HB 4134.
Required courses, points and semester
A&HB 4021 Foundations of Bilingual/Bicultural Education (3, Fall)
A&HB 4028 Teaching Literacy in Bilingual Settings (3, Spr)
A&HB 4121 Bilingual/Bicultural CurriculumDesgnElem/MiddleSch (3, Fall)
A&HB 4720 or 4323 Student Teaching in Bil/Bic Settings (3-4, Spr)
Suggested courses (individual course selection will vary depending on past coursework and experience)
A&HB 4024 Linguistic Foundations of Bilingual/Bic Education (3, Spr)
A&HB 4075 Cross-Cultural Communication & Classroom Ecology (3, Spr)
A&HB 4133 Curriculum& Methods for Bilingual Ed: Science (2-3,Spr)
A&HB 4134 Curriculum& Methods for Bilingual Ed: Math (2-3,Spr)