Information for International Students
Proof of English Proficiency
All non-native speakers of English, including those who have an undergraduate degree from an English- medium university in the U.S. or abroad, must submit proof of English proficiency based on tests results from on one of the following standardized tests:
- A minimum score of 600 on the TOEFL (250 CBT; 102 iBT) [The TC code is 2905]
- A score of B or better on the Cambridge Certificate in English (CEP)
- A score of 7.0 or better on the Cambridge International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
All scores should be sent to:
Teachers College, Columbia University
525 W 120th Street, Box 66
New York, New York 10027-6696
Since it can take several weeks for testing services to send us
official versions of your test scores and we cannot process your
application until a copy of your test score is received, we suggest
- Take the test as soon as possible
- Send us an unofficial photocopy of your score with your application (or shortly thereafter).
We will begin processing your application with your unofficial score while we wait for your official score to be received.