Teachers College (TC) has been in the forefront of teacher education for more than 100 years. TC was the first school to offer a graduate program in TESOL, and its faculty and alumni remain preeminent in the field. Drawing on this expertise we have been offering a non-degree TESOL Certificate program for 15 years. The program runs under the auspices of the TESOL and Applied Linguistics Program and the Department of Humanities, and many of the professors that teach in the TESOL and Applied Linguistics graduate program also teach in our TESOL Certificate Program.Our students come from all over the world. Some are recent college graduates who want to travel and teach abroad. Others are professionals considering a career change, or teachers of English as a foreign language who wish to continue their professional development.
Reach your Highest Potential as an English Teacher
- Explore different methodologies, materials, and technologies
- Learn more about language and theories of second language learning
- Engage in meaningful interactions with American and international colleagues
- Immerse yourself in English and in New York culture
- Connect to the Teachers College network from around the world