Hosting Arts Administration Interns
As a vital part of preparing our students for careers, an internship is a requirement of the program. Arts Administration students aim to fill a variety of roles -- from nonprofit programming and development to the art market and PR firms -- that will expose and prepare them for their professional careers. Our students are highly sought after as interns, and have worked in many prestigious institutions and community-oriented organizations.
Interns may not displace regular employees, per the Depart of Labor's website. If possible, we encourage hosts to offer a salary or stipend, and suggest travel reimbursement at minimum.
If you are interested in hosting an intern at your organization, please email us an internship description, attached as either a MS Word or PDF file, including:
- Name of your organization
- Name and contact information of hiring manager
- Position/internship title
- Dates and term of the internship
- Relevant summary and background on your organization
- Duties and responsibilities (be as specific as possible)
- Qualifications of the ideal candidate
- Indicate whether remuneration can be offered (this may include other benefits such as transportation, access to programming, membership, etc
Spring and summer terms are usually the time periods during which most students seek internships, however, we do accept postings year-round.
Please email the Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.