Bringing Speech Pathology Services and Education to Cambodia
Please consider a donation to help us continue bringing services to Cambodia.
Growing out of the International Programs offered as part of the Master's training in Speech-Language Pathology, ISE-Cambodia takes graduate clinicians annually to Cambodia. Our work there provides much-needed services in this resource-poor region, making a difference in the daily lives of disabled children and their families. There is no systematic Speech-Language Pathology service provision in Cambodia at present, and it is our aim to provide education as well as services for the local population.
To support this aim, we offer speech-language pathology services including:
- Feeding and swallowing assessment and intervention
- Hearing screenings and referrals
- Evaluation of language and cognitive skills
- Intervention and support for children who have problems with talking, listening or understanding language
- training for parents and caregivers
- visits to hospitals, orphanages and schools to provide education and support for local people and healthcare professionals.
We NEVER charge for any of our services, and we desperately need funds and equipment to maintain our practice. Much of the work we have done so far has been funded from our own pockets, and those of the students who come with us.