Affiliated Program Faculty
Associate Professor of Economics, Queens College, City University of NY
Associate Director, National Center for the Study of Privatization in Education at Teachers College, Columbia University
- "The Marketplace for Education," with H. Levin (National Center for the Study of Privatization in Education)
- The Economics of Higher Education, with H. Levin (Edward Elgar Publishers)
- "Human Capital Spillovers within the Workplace: Evidence for Great Britain," with H. Battu and P. Sloane (Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics).
Associate Professor, Economics, Barnard College
Adjunct Professor of Economics and Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- "The Impact of College Course Offerings on the Supply of Academically Talented Public School Teachers." Journal of Econometrics, forthcoming.
- "Under Pressure: Job Security, Resource Allocation, and Productivity in Schools under NCLB" (with Jonah Rockoff & Heather Schwartz), forthcoming, American Economic Journal: Economic Policy.
- "Mobility, Housing Markets, and Schools: Estimating the Effects of Interdistrict Choice" (with Eric Brunner and Sung-woo Cho), Journal of Public Economics 96, August 2012.
- "Fiscal Impacts of Charter Schools: Lessons for New York" (with Robert Bifulco), forthcoming, Education Finance and Policy.
- "Schools' Mental Health Services and Young Children's Emotions, Behavior, and Learning," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management 29(4), Autumn 2010.
Visiting Professor of Economics and Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Impact of School Finance Reform on Resource Equalization and Academic Performance: Evidence from Michigan, Education Finance and Policy.
- Using Administrative Data to Estimate Graduation Rates: Challenges, Proposed Solutions and their Pitfalls (with Lawrence Mishel), Education Policy Analysis Archives.
- Rethinking high school graduation rates and trends, with Larry Mishel (Economic Policy Institute)
- Teachers, Performance Pay, and Accountability: What Education Should Learn From Other Sectors, co-edited with Sean Corcoran (Economic Policy Institute)
- Redesigning Teacher Pay: A System for the Next Generation of Educators, co-edited with Sean Corcoran (Economic Policy Institute)