A. LIN GOODWINA. Lin Goodwin is Vice Dean and Professor of Education at Teachers College. In 2009 she secured a $9.75 million federal grant to create Teaching Residents@Teachers College (TR@TC), a new teacher residency program in which TC students work as apprentices with experienced teachers in high-needs classrooms in New York City public schools for one year while earning master's degrees. Goodwin is also Co-Director of an MA degree program jointly created and operated by Teachers College and Singapore's National Institute of Education. Goodwin is an authority on teacher education for urban and multicultural contexts; teacher beliefs; equity education; and Asian American educational experiences and identity development. She has published several books, including Promoting Social Justice for Young Children and Assessment for Equity and Inclusion: Embracing All Our Children.
Teachers College offers more than 25 programs that lead to New York State Initial Certification, and several programs that culminate in professional certification. In addition, The Teacher Certification Guide on the College's admissions site assists our students and prospective students in locating the most appropriate programs.
To learn more about A. Lin Goodwin, read:
- Connecting Teaching to Research (www.tc.edu)
- Research in Practice: Finding Answers in the Classroom (TC 2011 Annual Report)
- The Thinking Profession (TC 2011 Annual Report)
- Winter Reading: Books by TC Faculty (ww.tc.edu)
- TC Creates Joint Master's Program With Education Institute in Singapore (www.tc.edu)
- Goodwin to Serve As Vice Dean (www.tc.edu)
- TC's Teacher Residency Program Featured in Hechinger Report (www.tc.edu)
- Courage, Advocacy and Being a TC Teacher (TC Today magazine)
Premiered on 9/6/2013