Directory Assistance, Repairs and Billing Information
- Dial x 3000, then press * to access our dial-by-name or dial-by department feature
- Use the on-line directory on the TC webpage (www.tc.columbia.edu/directory).
- Faculty and staff directories are available through the Duplicating Office , 36 Zankel
- For On-Campus numbers (after normal business hours), use the dial-by-name feature on x3000
- For Columbia University information, dial 71 + 4 + 1754
- For Off-Campus local numbers (New York City), dial 9-555-1212
- For Off-Campus long distance numbers, dial 9,1, area code, 555-1212
- Dial 9,0,0 to reach a long distance operator, anytime
TELEPHONE REPAIR & SERVICE
- For repairs during normal business hours, Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.) x3456.
- For repairs after normal business hours, dial x3456 leave a detailed voice message for the telecom helpdesk.
- For telephone installations, removals, or changes in features, including the addition or deletion of voice mail service, fill out a Telephone Service Request Form and return it to 54 Thorndike Hall. (This form is also available at this site).
Located in the Document Services Center, 34 Zankel; receiving fax number is 212-678-4048
- For further information, call x3403
Collect calls and third party calls can not be charged to any extension at the College.
Long Distance Carrier
Teachers College provides telephone service with a college owned PBX. We can not offer a choice of long distance carriers to the campus community. We have chosen a carrier that provides the best rates for the largest population. DO NOT call a long distance provider and request to have your phone number changed to their service. This causes administrative billing problems. You will be held responsible for all charges incurred plus a $20 service fee