Check-In with the OISNew international students must report to the Office of International Services as soon as possible after arrival. Check-in is mandatory for all newly-arrived students.
The OIS is located on the L5 Whittier Hall, 1230 Amsterdam Avenue.
IMMIGRATION CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
When checking in with the OIS, please be sure to bring your passport, Form I-94, and Form I-20 or DS-2019 with you. We are required to verify to U.S. immigration authorities that you have reported to school. We are also required to verify that your immigration documents were processed correctly. Please note that check-in is mandatory and should be completed as soon as possible after arrival at TC.
When you check in, you will be greeted by our Welcome Desk (fall semester only) interns and volunteers, who are returning international students who are here to serve you! Our Welcome Desk interns and volunteers will provide you with vital information that you need. Among the information and services you can request at our Welcome Desk are the following:
- A courtesy letter to assist you with opening a local bank account
- Information about International Student Orientation
- Information about Ongoing Orientation for International Students, including the OIS's Academic Language and Culture workshop series for new students
- Signing up for the OIS's Weekly Update international student listserv
- Guide to TC: A Campus Map for International Students and regular tours of the TC campus
- Special 'pre-semester' trips and events around town
- Information about International House and Metro International
- Resources and guides for searching for off-campus housing
- The International Student's Guide to New York City
- Guides on US Classroom Culture, Health Insurance and Wellness, and Academic Success
- and more!
Please be sure to drop by to check in and get acquainted with our Welcome Desk and the OIS staff!