Presentation Funding for International Students
Are you an international student who has had a paper selected for presentation at a professional conference? If so, first of all, congratulations! It is sure to be a memorable personal and professional experience! If you are going to present at a conference and do not have adequate funding, the college has a small endowed grant fund that can help make this important opportunity possible.
To apply for a grant, submit the following to the Office of International Services:
- a copy of the acceptance letter/email or the conference program that lists your presentation;
- abstract of the paper to be presented (maximum 2 pages);
- budget listing projected or actual expenses for conference attendance (transportation, lodging, meals, registration). Be sure that you have tried to keep expenses to a minimum (e.g., shared hotel room, advance booking of airline ticket);
- certification that you have applied for funding from other sources. List sources (e.g., department, sponsor), amount you expect to receive and decision date.
- your TC ID number, mailing address and email address.
Restrictions and Requirements
- To receive funding, your student account must be paid in full.
- Because of limited funds, students who received this grant last year (2010-11 AY) are not eligible this year (2011-12AY).
- Recipients of presentation funding will be expected to participate in 2012 International Education Week (November) if they are still enrolled at TC.
There are three deadlines for submitting applications:
- Friday, February 17, 2012
- Friday, April 13, 2012
- Friday, November 16, 2012
If you have any questions, contact OIS at email@example.com