Shipping & ReceivingShipping and Receiving operating hours are from 9 am to 12 Noon. In-college deliveries follow from 12 Noon to 5 PM (Monday through Friday).
- Receive and inspect packages delivered by UPS and trucking companies
- Unload supplies and equipment from delivery trucks
- Verify delivery, inspect for damage and files claims if necessary.
- Match to purchase order or otherwise identify recipients
- Process all equipment orders for the college.
- Deliver packages to departments and obtain delivery acknowledgement
- Monitor and tag capital equipment
- Maintain list of current college assets
- Prepare outgoing shipments
- Track missing and late orders
- Track assets leaving college
- Dispose of surplus equipment
A: Whenever you want to hire a person (other than an employee) or organization to perform services. The contract process must be followed before the person or organization can commence providing services.
2. Q. When do I need to fill out a Request for Independent Contractor Approval (RICA) form?
A: Each time you intend to hire an individual or organization to perform services equal or greater than $1,000 during a fiscal year.
3. Q: Who fills out the RICA form?
A: The person responsible for reviewing the services provided by the independent contractor.
4. Q. How far in advance of the contractor's work do I have to submit the required forms?
A: Two weeks
5. Q: To whom do I submit the RICA form?
A: The Office of Purchasing
6. Q: To whom do I submit the Honorarium form?
A: For Honoraria less than $1,000, you submit the following forms to Accounts Payable:
1. Consulting/Honorarium Payment Request form
Honoraria over $1,000 require contracts and recipients of the honoraria are treated as independent contractors
7. Q: How do I request a payment for an independent contractor?
A1:If the payment during a fiscal year is less than $1,000, you submit the following document to Accounts Payable:
1. Check request form
2. Itemized invoice
3. W-9 form
A2: If payment during a fiscal year is between $1,000 and $2,999, you must submit the following documents to the Office of Purchasing:
1. RICA form
2. Requisition form
3. W-9 form
Once a Purchase Order is created and a contract number is assigned the Office of Purchasing will notify you and you can commence submitting itemized invoices to Accounts Payable for payment.
A3: If payment during a fiscal year is equal or greater than $3,000, you must submit the following documents to the Office of Purchasing:
1. RICA form
2. Requisition form
3. W-9 form
5. Scope of Work
Single Source Justification or Bids
8. Q: How do I know how much money a prospective service provider has been paid by the college?
A: the best way is to ask the Contractor or check BANNER.
9. Q: Once Purchase Order or contract is in place, how do I pay an independent contractor?
A: Either in person or by mail submit an itemized invoice to Accounts Payable. Accounts Payable will issue check in accordance with the Payment Process.
10. Q: How long will it take for an independent contractor to get paid?
A: If a purchase order or an executed contract is required, then once it is in place, the Office of Purchasing or the Office of the General Counsel will notify you and you can commence submitting invoices to Accounts Payable. Once a proper itemized invoice is received by Accounts Payable, it will generally pay the invoice in approximately 14 days.
11. Q: Do I fill out a PAF or check request form to get an independent contractor paid?
A: A PAF is for the College’s employees only – NOT independent contractors. To pay an independent contractor see answers to questions 6 and 7 above.
12. Q: Is there a difference in the way I fill out he paperwork for an independent contractor who own a company?
13. Q. What is the PO process?
A: A Purchase is used for the both goods and services. Purchase Orders for services area assigned a “PA” number. Purchase Orders for good are assigned a “PO” number.
14. Q: Who has to sign RICA form and the Requisition form?
A: the individual designated by the department is authorized to approve consulting/honorarium payment request forms, invoices check request, RICA forms and requisition forms for services up to $2,999. Individuals designated by the President, Vice President or Provost (see Appendix 3) are authorized to approve contracts, RICA forms and Requisition forms for services up to $20,000. The President, Vice President and Provost are authorized to approve contracts, RICA forms and Requisition forms for services between $20,000 and $100,000. The Vice President for Finance and Administration and the President, Provost or Vice President must approve contracts, RICA forms, and Requisition forms for services over $100,000.
15. Q: Does the independent contractor have to submit an invoice?
A: Yes. Regardless of the amount of payment, before any payment can be made to an independent contractor, an itemized invoice with the Purchase Order number must be submitted to Accounts Payable.
16. Q: What insurance coverage does the independent contractor need?
A: The required insurance coverage depends on the level of risk or liability exposure of the College. A determination will be made on a case by case basis by the Office of the General Counsel.
17. Q: Where can I find the RICA forms that I have to fill out?
A: the forms are available at RICA and hard copies can be picked up from the Offices of the Vice Provost (113 Zankel), Office of Purchasing (29 Zankel) or the Office of the General Counsel (331 Horace Mann)
18. Q: Whom do I contact for assistance with filling out the RICA form?
A: For assistance contact the office of the General Counsel at (212) 678-6637 or the Office of Purchasing at (212) 678-3138.
Director of Business Services