Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for answers? Below you will find resources regarding our most Frequently Asked Questions.
- Password Reset/UNI Requests/TC Gmail Activation: Simply visit http://uni.columbia.edu/, click on "Forgot Password" and follow the prompts to reset your password. Click here for further instructions.
- Email Forwarding: In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please provide UNI, "old" email address and "new" forwarding email address
- Alumni Card: Visit Card Services in Whittier Hall 1B. You will have your picture taken and be issued a new card.
- Update Your Information
- Alumni Events
- Transcript/Diploma/Records Inquiry: Contact the Office of the Registrar.
- Career Services/Mentoring Programs/Job Postings: Contact Career Services.
Employers: If you have opportunities available to the TC Community, please contact Kimberly Whittaker at email@example.com.
- Library Services: Contact The Gottesman Libraries or call Library Services at (212) 678-3494.
- Obituaries: Email notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher Certification: http://www.tc.columbia.edu/teachercertification/
- Visit Campus and Navigate The Halls.
- Find Us Online
Facebook: Like our pages.
Teachers College Alumni: www.facebook.com/TeachersCollegeAlumni
TC International Alumni: www.facebook.com/TCCUInternationalAlumni
Teachers College, Columbia University: www.facebook.com/TeachersCollegeColumbia
Twitter: Follow us
Linkedin: Join our groups.
Teachers College, Columbia University Alumni
Teachers College, Columbia University - All International Alumni
Teachers College, Columbia University - International Alumni from China
Teachers College Columbia University Global Alumni Group
Additional resources can be found here.
Gottesman Memorial Library & Columbia Libraries
With a TC Library Alumni Card, alumni have free access to all Morningside Campus libraries for reading and research (not including online resources). Borrowing privileges are available at each library with a small added fee. To register for online resources, visit http://library.tc.columbia.edu/alumni.php.
For more information please visit the Gottesman Libraries website or call (212)678-3023.
The Department of Computing & Technology offers alumni both free and small-fee classes on a wide variety of applications. The TC Computer Center is also available for use; located in 242 Horace Mann, is accessible to alumni with a TC Library Alumni Card. Contact the office for this semester's hours of operation, scheduled workshops and additional information 212-678-3302, email@example.com, or visit the Computing and Information Systems website.
The Columbia Bookstore is located at 2922 Broadway, at West 115th Street. For Bookstore hours, information or to place an order online, please visit their website or call 212-854-1236.
The Columbia University Club of New York
Celebrate and interact with fellow Columbians as a member of the Columbia University Club of New York (CUCNY). Located at 15 West 43rd Street in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, the Columbia University Club of New York offers membership to alumni from all divisions of Columbia University. The club offers a busy calendar of social activities every month. For more information regarding CUCNY, please visit their website at www.columbiaclub.org or call 212- 719-0380 to set up a tour.
- Dodge Physical Fitness Center:Membership at the Dodge Physical Fitness Center, located on the Morningside Heights campus, gives alumni and their families access to Columbia's pool, indoor track, squash courts, weight room, and other facilities. Please contact the membership office for current rates.
- Dick Savitt Tennis Center: The center has six cushioned hard courts, all of which are covered by a state-of-the-art air dome.
On-Campus Guest Housing
The Office of Residence Services has a limited number of guest rooms in New Residence Hall for short term stays for members and guests of Teachers College and Columbia communities. Faculty, staff, alumni, and parents of students are welcome to reserve rooms.
Call 212-678-3235 to make a reservation, from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday. Visit the Guest Housing webpage for more information.
Off-Campus Permanent Housing
The Off-Campus Housing Assistance (OCHA) office helps Columbia affiliates search for rental housing in non-Columbia-owned buildings located in the metropolitan area. OCHA provides advice, resources, and an online database of available housing.
OCHA is located at: 419 West 119th Street-Lower Level, on the north side of the street between Amsterdam Avenue and Morningside Drive and open Monday - Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
CU Arts Initiative
The Columbia University Arts Initiative is a pioneering venture to make arts and culture a meaningful part of every Columbian's experience. Its diverse programs encourage students, faculty and alumni in all fields to generate, study and engage the creative life of the campus, the city and the wider world.
Visit the website to find information about current programs and alumni discounts. For comments and questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback is vital to the Arts Initiative and we welcome all ideas.
Broadway Theatre Discounts
In association with MGM Consulting, Teachers College alumni are being offered Broadway theatre ticket discounts of 50% or more, and off-Broadway and arts event ticket discounts ranging from 20-50% off or more. For show updates and ordering information, call 212-935-2664 and please mention your special Association code "A1."
As a graduate of Teachers College, Columbia University, group rates are available for term life and excess major medical insurance. For more information please call 800-223-1147 or write: CBCA, MS 210, PO Box 1326, Fort Worth, Texas 76101