Alumni Council Nomination Form
Each year, the Teachers College Alumni Council seeks new volunteers to serve on its board. Help us celebrate the distinguished service and accomplishments of our alumni community! We invite you to submit a nomination (self-nominations also are welcome) for any Teachers College graduate to serve a two-year term on the Alumni Council. All nominations are due by December 31, 2017.
The mission of the Teachers College Alumni Council is (Re)Connecting Alumni to Teachers College by:
- Serving as a channel of communication between the College and its alumni
- Assisting the College in maintaining a positive image among alumni
- Recommending and supporting College-sponsored alumni activities
- Assisting the College in obtaining financial support
- Encouraging the enrollment of qualified graduate students
- Recognizing excellence and professional achievement among alumni
- Fostering lifelong identification and involvement with the College
The Alumni Council Nominating Committee looks for alumni who are willing to devote their time, talents, and resources to realize the Council's mission. Alumni Council members are expected to:
- Attend regular council meetings, either in person or via conference call/video
- Actively serve on at least one committee, and attend committee meetings in person or via conference call/video
- Contribute financially each year to the Teachers College Fund
- Attend the annual Academic Festival held on campus each spring
The nominator should submit the completed nomination form (below) by December 31, 2017. Submissions should include a full description of the nominee’s talents and service to ensure his or her fair consideration by the Nominating Committee, though we ask that you do not send any additional supporting materials.
Following the Nominating Committee’s review of the nominations, candidates may be asked to participate in phone interviews.
Please note that the appointments of new members will be made by the President of Teachers College, following recommendation by the Nominating Committee and the current Alumni Council.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at email@example.com or by calling 212.678.3215. You can also contact the nominating committee chairs, Phil Geiger and Kate Shasha.
We recommend drafting your response in the following Word Document (ACNomForm) and then pasting your answers into the form below.