Alumni Council Nomination FormHelp us celebrate the distinguished service and accomplishments of our alumni community! The Teachers College Alumni Council is seeking new members to serve on its board. We invite you to nominate Teachers College graduates who have distinguished themselves in any field to serve a three-year term as volunteers on the Alumni Council. (Scroll down for full nomination form. Nominations due December 31, 2014.)
MissionThe mission of the Teachers College Alumni Council is (Re)Connecting Alumni to Teachers College by:
- Serving as a channel of communication between the College and its alumni
- Assisting the College in maintaining a positive image among alumni
- Recommending and supporting College-sponsored alumni activities
- Assisting the College in obtaining financial support
- Encouraging the enrollment of qualified graduate students
- Recognizing excellence and professional achievement among alumni
- Fostering lifelong identification and involvement with the College
The Alumni Council Nominations Committee looks for alumni who are willing to devote time, imagination, and resources to realize the Council's mission. Alumni Council members are expected to:
- Contribute financially each year to the Teachers College Fund
- Make every effort to attend the annual Academic Festival held on campus
- Make every effort to attend the regular council meetings either in person or via conference call/video.
- Actively serve on at least one committee and attend as many committee meetings as possible in person or via conference call/video
Please note that final selection of new members will be made by the President of Teachers College following recommendation by the Nominations Committee.
The completed nomination form below is necessary for consideration. Please do not send any additional supporting materials. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 212.678.3215. You can also contact the nominating committee chairs: Phil Geiger or David Hoff. Nominations due December 31, 2014.