Master of Arts in Art Education (34 Points) | Art and Art Education | Arts and HumanitiesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Art & Art Education
In the Department of Arts & Humanities
Master of Arts in Art and Art Education
Minimum Credit Point Requirement: 34
2 Years Minimum
Degree level: MA
Major code: ARTE
Required courses in Art Education (17 points minimum):
- A&HA 4080 Artistic development of children or
- A&HA 4088 Artistic development: Adolescence-adulthood (2 points)
- A&H 5001 Research methods in arts education (3 points)
- A&HA 5086 Art in visual culture (2 points)
- A&HA 5922 Master’s seminar in art education (2 points)
- A&HA 6510 Advanced seminar (2 points)
- Three studio courses (2-3 points each)
Required courses outside the program (6 points minimum): Chosen with advisor approval.
Three TC courses (each course must be for a minimum of 2 points) outside of the program.
Additional courses within and outside the Program:
To be planned in consultation with the advisor and in support of individual needs and interests.
Students in this M.A. program are required to complete a thesis project on a theme or research topic arising from their interests.
For a sample checklist please refer to the MA Checklist