Prospective Students | Arts Administration | Arts and HumanitiesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
The application form can be found in the back of the Teachers College catalog and on the Web at the Office of Admissions homepage. Please read carefully and pay particular attention to items 1 to 6 below.
Note: On Part I of the Application for Admission form, the program title is "Arts Administration," there is no specialization, and our code is 'AADM.'
The following items are required in addition to your completed application:
- A personal statement of 750-1000 words indicating why you wish to pursue a career in arts administration, what led you to this point, and what makes you a good candidate for admission to the Program and to the field.
- A brief description or resume of formal or informal training in the arts and of work and volunteer experience.
- Two letters of recommendation, from people who have some knowledge of your professional capacities, preferably in the arts.
- Scores from either the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) are required by the deadline for which you are applying. The assigned institution code for Teachers College is 2905. Please leave the department code blank.
- Teachers College requires that all applicants whose first language is not English, and did not complete a bachelors degree at an institution where English is the sole and official language of instruction, must submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores from an exam completed within the past two years. In order to be eligible for admission review, the minimum overall TOEFL score that must be achieved is 100. The minimum overall IELTS score that must be achieved is 7.0.
- Other requirements of Teachers College apply, including an official transcript from each college or institution you have attended, the application form, the nonrefundable application fee.
- Early Decisions: January 15
- Final Decisions: April 15
You are advised to get your application in as soon as possible.