Policies for Columbia Schools | Music and Music Education | Arts and Humanities

Skip to content Skip to main navigation
Teachers College, Columbia University
Printer-friendly Version
Teachers College, Columbia University Logo
Music and Music Education

Music & Music Education

In the Department of Arts & Humanities

Policies for Columbia Schools

The School of Continuing Education: Students may take applied music instruction provided they are registered in at least one course with School of Continuing Education. Please register in Kent Hall.

Columbia College

Students must visit the Dean's office in Hamilton Hall and sign a form stating that they accept responsibility for payment. The Dean also signs this form. Students should bring the signed form to Kent Hall to register.

Barnard College, College of Physicians and Surgeons (Medical School), Law School, and School of Journalism

Students must complete the "Special Approval Form for Cross Registration" in their respective Dean's office. This form must then be presented to their respective registrar for cross registration.

Other Columbia Schools

Regrettably, students at the following schools are NOT PERMITTED to take Applied Music lessons through Teachers College at this time: 

  • Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation (GSAPP)
  • Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (GSAS)
  • Graduate School of Business (GSB)
  • School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS)
  • School of General Studies (GS)
  • School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA)
  • Apply
  • Request Info