MC@TC: Music Explorers | Music and Music Education | Arts and HumanitiesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Music & Music Education
In the Department of Arts & Humanities
MC@TC: Music Explorers
Music Explorers (Ages 5-7)
- improvisation and composition
- singing and playing familiar tunes
- music literacy (reading and by-ear)
- performing as ensemble “band” member
- specialize in two instruments: piano or drums AND ukelele or violin
Classes are taught by experienced Teachers College alumni and graduate students supervised by Prof. Lori Custodero. Enrollment is limited to a total of 16 children per class. Instrumental sectionals will have a maximum of 4 students per group to allow for more individual attention (teacher-child ratio 1:2).
Parent/Caregiver attendance and involvement is a crucial part of the learning experience.
The Music Explorers program will not be offered this Fall 2017, look for classes restarting in February 2018!