Tuition and Financial Aid | TESOL Certificate Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Certification | Arts and HumanitiesSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Tuition is $6,800. A $500 non-refundable deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance, with the remaining $6,300 due by the course registration deadline one week before classes begin. You should plan on spending approximately $250 on books and supplies.
Funding the TESOL Certificate Program
The TESOL Certificate Program is an investment in your future career. However, we understand that paying for this investment is an important consideration.
Already a Teacher?
Check to see if you are eligible to receive salary credit based on completion of our 28 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) program
Private Student Loans
TESOL Certificate Program students are not eligible for federal loans because of the non-degree nature of the program. Admitted students should not fill out the FAFSA.
Admitted students are able to apply for private student loans to cover tuition and eligible living expenses. These loans are arranged between the student and a lender of his/her choosing and are not federally subsidized. The TESOL Certificate Program does not promote or work with one particular private loan lender and the choice of a lender is ultimately your decision. Here are some of the lenders to get you started:
Private Student Loan Application Process:
- Apply for private student loan through one of the private lenders. Be sure to indicate that you are enrolling in a certificate program, not a degree program.
- Once you have submitted the loan application, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then connect you with the Teachers College Office of Financial Aid.
- The Teachers College Office of Financial Aid will certify your loan. Approximately after ten business days, the private lender will mail a check to Teachers College for the approved loan amount.
- You will receive an email from Teachers College after the check has been received. You will then need to come to campus to sign the check over to Teachers College to apply it to your account.
- Register for classes and prepare to pursue a rigorous curriculum in the field of TESOL!
Third Party Sponsors
Students who will be receiving funding from a third party (such as AmeriCorps) should note they will be responsible for the full tuition amount when registering for classes. They will then receive a refund check for the amount provided by the third party once the funds have been received by Teachers College. To avoid a delay in receiving these funds, admitted students should begin the funding request process with their sponsor soon after confirming their enrollment in the program.