Acceptance to the program requires strong academic credentials, articulate and thoughtful writing, strong and relevant professional or academic references, and a clear fit between program goals and the goals expressed by the applicant. At a minimum, applicants should have a GPA of 3.0 or above and evidence a commitment to educational equity and diversity. We look for prior experience working with children.
Application Procedures & Deadlines:
Obtain an application from the Teachers College catalogue or apply online at www.tc.edu/apply. Please note the following information on your application:
- Program Code:ELEM - INIT or ELEM - DUAL or CUIS - IN (for the secondary program) (See Office of Teacher Education for details)
- Program: Elementary & Secondary Inclusive Education - Preservice program
- Degree: Masters of Arts
- GRE's are not required
- November 1 (for Spring Semester Admission)
- January 15 Priority Deadline (for Fall Semester Admission)
- April 15 Final Deadline (for Fall Semester Admission) - Students admitted for April 15th deadline are not guaranteed a student teaching placement in the fall.
Students who are currently Teachers College students and would like to be a part of the Elementary & Secondary Inclusive Program must follow the same procedures as all prospective students since a program transfer is treated exactly the same as any applicant.
Students should consult the Student Aid Office (212-678-3714) for information regarding scholarship deadlines, appropriate forms, and all other financial aid matters.