Connecting Advances in Learning Research and Teacher Practice: A Conference about Teacher Education
- The Joyce Berger Cowin Center
- 7/19/2012, 8:30 AM - 5:15 PM
Recent research on learning offers promising new insights for the improvement of teaching. This conference focuses on how this research can be made usable in practice and incorporated into practice-focused teacher education. The conference will bring together different groups for whom learning research and teacher education are of critical concern, and will explore current research and examples of practice to investigate the following questions:
- What does it mean to focus teacher education on the teaching of practice and what does this look like?
- How can research on learning inform and be usable in practice?
- How can new knowledge about learning be incorporated into practice-focused teacher education?
- What would be a “practice-orientation” toward research about teaching and learning and how could it be developed?
full conference schedule and list of speakers, Click Here