Celebrate Food Day at TC
- Everett Lounge, Cafeteria, Library Atrium
- From 10/15/2012, 9:00 AM To 10/26/2012, 9:00 AM
Food Day is a nationwide movement for healthy, affordable, and sustainable food that is celebrated annually on October 24th. The theme of Teachers College Food Day 2012 is “Eat Real. Live Well.”
The following activities will be held in honor of Food Day:
· Eat Real Food Drive: Monday, October 15th through Thursday, October 25th
· Bring items like canned food, fruit cups, dry pasta, rice, granola bars & nuts.
· Drop off sites are located on first floors of Zankel, Thorndike, and Whittier
· Food Day Activities: On Thursday, October 25th, the following events will take place from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM:
· An indoor farmers market in Everett Lounge
· Food demonstrations in Grace Dodge Cafeteria
· Free food tastings in front of the library and Everett Lounge
· “At home” Potluck Dinner: Organize a healthy potluck with family and friends on Wednesday, October 24th. Choose to bring foods that are healthy, seasonal and made locally. Email Tomi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are hosting a potluck so that we can celebrate all of the potlucks that will be held by TC staff and students on the 24th.