Reconciling Race, Community and School Reform
- Milbank Chapel
- 3/13/2013, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Join the Hechinger Institute for a panel discussion about two books on recent history of the civil rights movement in our schools, and the debate over urban education in America.
525 West 120th Street
New York, NY 10027
- Sarah Carr, contributing editor at The Hechinger Report and author ofHope Against Hope: Three Schools, One City, and the Struggle to Educate America's Children,
- Sarah Garland, staff writer at The Hechinger Report and author of Divided We Fail: The Story of an African American Community That Ended the Era of School Desegregation,
- Warren Simmons, Annenberg Institute for School Reform, and
- Amy Stuart Wells, Teachers College professor and author of Both Sides Now: The Story of School Desegregation’s Graduates.