Congratulations 2013 Graduates!!
Did you know that as an alumnus, you can continue to utilize Career Services? To review a list of services offered, click here.
Do you want to stay connected to what is happening in TC Career Services and the Columbia community? Join the TCCS Alumni Listserv to receive emails about upcoming career development workshops and panels, webinars, employer information sessions and current career opportunities. You will receive weekly updates during the fall, spring, and summer semesters, along with special announcements. Click here to subscribe.
Welcome to Career Services
Teachers College Career Services (TCCS) is committed to guiding all TC students and alumni throughout the different phases of the career development process. Whether you are entering a new field, advancing within your current profession, or changing directions, we will help you identify and develop the skills and resources needed to achieve your career goals.
TCCS Employer Relations: The
Employers connect to highly talented TC students and alumni in the fields of education, psychology, health and international educational development. Our employer relations staff can maximize your recruitment efforts by understanding your immediate and future hiring needs and developing targeted recruitment strategies. It is the educated way to go! We welcome your partnership and long term interest in our students and alumni. Upon hiring from TC, please share with us your hire information by clicking here.
TCCS can assist you with your career development throughout the duration of your time at Teachers College and when you become an alumnus. Start you career development journey today. Schedule an hour long career counseling appointment to help you make informed decisions about your career goals: take an assessment test, learn job search tips, and schedule a mock session for interview preparation. Have your resume, cover letter, and curriculum vita (CV) reviewed electronically or come in for a 15 minute walk-in.
Join the TCCS Linkedin Group
ATTENTION: This group now serves as the new TCCS Alumni Mentor Program. The former Alumni Mentor Program housed in TCCS LINK is no longer accessible. The transition to this group will significantly enhance your overall networking opportunities! Click here for more information on joining this group!
TCCS Programs & Events
Throughout the fall and spring semester, attend a workshop to learn how to write a resume and to negotiate your salary. Attend an employer information session to learn more about an organization you are interested in pursuing. Come to a panel to hear from TC Alumni who are teachers working outside of the classroom or who have advanced their education by getting a doctorate degree.
NACE Job Choices Magazine now in digital format on the TCCS Website
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) connects campus recruiting and career services professionals, and provides best practices, trends, research, professional development, and conferences. NACE Job Choices Magazines are now available in digital format. Magazines feature job-search advice and interview tips, sample cover letters and resumes, links to employer websites, and more! To view, go to the Resources Section on the TCCS Website and click on Publications
ACCESS ONLINE RESOURCES THROUGH MY TC PORTAL
ACCESS ONLINE RESOURCES: VAULT, WETFEET & GOING GLOBAL THROUGH MY TC PORTAL
Within the portal, select the TC Services tab. Under Career Services, click on the appropriate career resource link.
Vault is the world’s leading source of Career Intelligence. Through Vault, TC students and alumni can research employers, industries, and career subjects infinitely easier and more efficiently. Whether you are just exploring possible career paths or you are ready for your interview, Career Insider can help!
- Download career titles on different industries, companies, and general career topics for FREE!
- Research employer profiles and rankings
- Explore industries and professions
- Gain career advice to get ahead. Learn about a day in the life, occupation profiles, and entrepreneurship.
- Share and discuss your interests and experiences with other users
- Access industry blogs and news covering the latest trends and issues
- Through Vault's job board, get matched with employers and recruiters
The Wetfeet Career Resource Site gives TC students and alumni access to Wetfeet’s complete Insider Guide library and the inside scoop on more than 1,000 companies, careers, and industries, along with videos and tips.
- Access career articles and seek advice
- Search industry profiles and learn about trends, markets, major players, and jobs in leading industries
- Learn about career requirements, career tracks, the job outlook, and compensation
- Conduct research on more than 100 companies
- Download Insider Guides on a variety of topics including consulting, career management and careers in nonprofit and government agencies
- Search job opportunities via indeed.com
Going Global is the leading provider of career and employment resources for evaluating, selecting, and transitioning into a successful career in a foreign country. With more than 2 million users, Going Global is used around the world by university career centers, educational and institutional organizations, libraries, corporate HR departments, and government agencies.
- Access 600,000+ worldwide job and internship openings updated daily
- Download country and city career guides
- Search the H1B Plus database which contains 400,000+ Department of Labor H1B visa application records
- Review 450,000+ corporate profiles in the Employer Directory