Congratulations 2013 Graduates!!
Did you know that as an alumnus, you can continue to utilize Career Services? To review a list of services offered, click here.
Do you want to stay connected to what is happening in TC Career Services and the Columbia community? Join the TCCS Alumni Listserv to receive emails about upcoming career development workshops and panels, webinars, employer information sessions and current career opportunities. You will receive weekly updates during the fall, spring, and summer semesters, along with special announcements. Click here to subscribe.
Welcome to Career Services
Teachers College Career Services (TCCS) is committed to guiding all TC students and alumni throughout the different phases of the career development process. Whether you are entering a new field, advancing within your current profession, or changing directions, we will help you identify and develop the skills and resources needed to achieve your career goals.
TCCS Employer Relations: The "Educated" way to recruit
Employers connect to highly talented TC students and alumni in the fields of education, psychology, health and international educational development. Our employer relations staff can maximize your recruitment efforts by understanding your immediate and future hiring needs and developing targeted recruitment strategies. It is the educated way to go! We welcome your partnership and long term interest in our students and alumni. Upon hiring from TC, please share with us your hire information by clicking here.
TCCS can assist you with your career development throughout the duration of your time at Teachers College and when you become an alumnus. Start you career development journey today. Schedule an hour long career counseling appointment to help you make informed decisions about your career goals: take an assessment test, learn job search tips, and schedule a mock session for interview preparation. Have your resume, cover letter, and curriculum vita (CV) reviewed electronically or come in for a 15 minute walk-in.
Join the TCCS Linkedin Group
ATTENTION: This group now serves as the new TCCS Alumni Mentor Program. The former Alumni Mentor Program housed in TCCS LINK is no longer accessible. The transition to this group will significantly enhance your overall networking opportunities! Click here for more information on joining this group!
TCCS Programs & Events
Throughout the fall and spring semester, attend a workshop to learn how to write a resume and to negotiate your salary. Attend an employer information session to learn more about an organization you are interested in pursuing. Come to a panel to hear from TC Alumni who are teachers working outside of the classroom or who have advanced their education by getting a doctorate degree.
NACE Job Choices Magazine now in digital format on the TCCS Website
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) connects campus recruiting and career services professionals, and provides best practices, trends, research, professional development, and conferences. NACE Job Choices Magazines are now available in digital format. Magazines feature job-search advice and interview tips, sample cover letters and resumes, links to employer websites, and more! To view, go to the Resources Section on the TCCS Website and click on Publications
ACCESS ONLINE RESOURCES THROUGH MY TC PORTAL
TC Admitted Student Welcome & Service Overview
Teachers College Career Services is delighted to welcome you to Teachers College as you begin your academic studies this upcoming Fall 2013 semester.
As a newly Admitted Student, we encourage you to register with TCCS so you can meet with a career counselor to develop your career action plan which should align with your pursuit of a TC Master and/or Doctoral Degree.
Please note the following steps:
- As a TC Admitted Student who has NOT registered for class
- Log into My TC Portal and select the TC Services tab.
- Access the TCCS Recruiting Services Agreement Form link available under the Career Services heading.
- Review the form carefully and electronically sign the document to acknowledge your agreement.
- Once you register for class
- Return to My TC Portal and TC Services Tab.
- A box titled “TCCS LINK” will now be available on the right hand side of the screen.
- Access the “Go To TCCS LINK” hyperlink which will direct you to TCCS LINK.
- Complete your profile including demographic information and career preferences.
- Your ability to review job postings as well as career events and resources in TCCS LINK will be limited until your official first day of class.
Registering for TCCS LINK will give you a jumpstart on your career development prior to your first official day of class. You will be eligible to utilize the following services provided by the office:
- Resume, Curriculum Vitae (CV), and Cover Letter Review via in office appointment or electronic review
- General Counseling Appointment - to discuss career planning, review website resources, and gain information on key programs and events relevant to one’s program of study
TCCS staff looks forward to working with you!