Returning Users (Employers)
How to Post a “Temporary Job” Opportunity
To post private childcare and tutoring positions, please follow the instructions below. The “Temporary Job” employer name is a general account for use by individuals who are posting jobs NOT offered by a company.
- Returning users, Click here to post your “Temporary Job”
- Enter in your username and password
- Go to My Job >New Jobs
- Enter position information. Fields with an * are required information. Fill out as much information as possible to make the job posting complete. (i.e. “Position Information”, “Contact Information” sections).
In the field, "Application Instructions," enter the procedure in which a potential applicant may apply for this position.
*Under the Posting Information section, there are three fields that you need to review.
- Position Type, indicate either “Childcare” or “Tutoring”
- Show Contact Information, if you select No, your contact information will not be available to potential applicants.
- Allow Students to Apply Online, if you select Yes, students can submit their resume to you via this system
(i.e., you will receive email notification of students' job application and be able to view resumes on-line).
- Click Save and the job will be submitted for approval.
- Your job will be approved in one to two business days. After approval, your position will be active and viewable to students to apply.
ALL EMPLOYERS: Please keep in mind that all postings must follow Equal Employment Opportunity Laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. Teachers College Career Services reserves the right to make a determination of the appropriateness of the positions being offered for the populations it serves.