Congratulations 2013 Graduates!!
Did you know that as an alumnus, you can continue to utilize Career Services? To review a list of services offered, click here.
Do you want to stay connected to what is happening in TC Career Services and the Columbia community? Join the TCCS Alumni Listserv to receive emails about upcoming career development workshops and panels, webinars, employer information sessions and current career opportunities. You will receive weekly updates during the fall, spring, and summer semesters, along with special announcements. Click here to subscribe.
Welcome to Career Services
Teachers College Career Services (TCCS) is committed to guiding all TC students and alumni throughout the different phases of the career development process. Whether you are entering a new field, advancing within your current profession, or changing directions, we will help you identify and develop the skills and resources needed to achieve your career goals.
TCCS Employer Relations: The "Educated" way to recruit
Employers connect to highly talented TC students and alumni in the fields of education, psychology, health and international educational development. Our employer relations staff can maximize your recruitment efforts by understanding your immediate and future hiring needs and developing targeted recruitment strategies. It is the educated way to go! We welcome your partnership and long term interest in our students and alumni. Upon hiring from TC, please share with us your hire information by clicking here.
TCCS can assist you with your career development throughout the duration of your time at Teachers College and when you become an alumnus. Start you career development journey today. Schedule an hour long career counseling appointment to help you make informed decisions about your career goals: take an assessment test, learn job search tips, and schedule a mock session for interview preparation. Have your resume, cover letter, and curriculum vita (CV) reviewed electronically or come in for a 15 minute walk-in.
Join the TCCS Linkedin Group
ATTENTION: This group now serves as the new TCCS Alumni Mentor Program. The former Alumni Mentor Program housed in TCCS LINK is no longer accessible. The transition to this group will significantly enhance your overall networking opportunities! Click here for more information on joining this group!
TCCS Programs & Events
Throughout the fall and spring semester, attend a workshop to learn how to write a resume and to negotiate your salary. Attend an employer information session to learn more about an organization you are interested in pursuing. Come to a panel to hear from TC Alumni who are teachers working outside of the classroom or who have advanced their education by getting a doctorate degree.
NACE Job Choices Magazine now in digital format on the TCCS Website
The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) connects campus recruiting and career services professionals, and provides best practices, trends, research, professional development, and conferences. NACE Job Choices Magazines are now available in digital format. Magazines feature job-search advice and interview tips, sample cover letters and resumes, links to employer websites, and more! To view, go to the Resources Section on the TCCS Website and click on Publications
ACCESS ONLINE RESOURCES THROUGH MY TC PORTAL
Going Global Information
Going Global is one of the best online resources available for learning about transnational opportunities, foreign hiring practices, and domestic, city-specific employment information. This database addresses topics for students and provides a variety of tools to explore their careers including:
- Country Career Guides : Packed with country-specific career information, this research tool provides expert advice and insider tips for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad including industry and employment trends, work permit and visa information, resume and interview guidelines and cultural advice.
- USA City Career Guides: Explore career and employment opportunities in the largest cities with resources that include: business and networking groups, job search resources, cost of living data and more.
- H-1B Visa Employers: The H-1B visa is the most common non-immigrant category for university graduates who wish to work in the US in their field. The H-1B visa permits US employers to hire foreign employees who have at least a four year university degree (or equivalent work experience) and will work in their field of study or a closely related field in a "specialty occupation."
- Key Employer Directory : Access more than 100,000+ country-specific company profiles in industries such as consulting services, finance and technology, manufacturing, transportation, consumer goods and more!
You will be able to download all of the career guides plus find more essential information regarding networking, jobs and internships as well as updated articles, newsletters and podcasts about your global career search! Access Going Global now through My TC Portal >>>
Instructions to Going Global:
1. To access Going Global, please login through "My TC Portal" from the link above.
2. Once logged in, please select the "TC Services" tag.
3. Career Services can be found in the "Self-service" section of the page.
4. The Going Global link can be accessed directly underneath the "Career Service" Heading.