Facebook Dos And Donts
Facebook: Dos and Don’ts
- Be consistent in the quality and quantity of your posts.
- Control your privacy settings. Assess how much you want strangers and friends to see.
- Engage in conversation. Respond or comment on posts in a timely manner.
- Post relevant stories and articles specific to industry.
- Be sure that your Facebook information is consistent with your other social media sites.
- Complain about the job search, employers, and/or current employers.
- Write personal status updates about relationships. Instead, focus on industry related issues.
- Post up pictures that paint you in an unflattering light.
- Spend too much time on websites that are not particular to your interests.
- Join random groups. Rather, join those that are specific to your industry and career goals. Avoid anything too political.
- Swear, use all caps, or spam.