[See All Events]
NCPR Symposium at the Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE)
On November 18, 2010 at 1:00PM, NCPR presented a symposium titled "Institutional
Strategies for the Postsecondary Success of Under-Prepared Students:
The Latest Research.
symposium explored emerging evidence regarding the effectiveness of
strategies for postsecondary success of under-prepared students, based
on research conducted by the National Center for Postsecondary Research.
It discussed an exploratory study of college readiness programs, as
well as provided findings from two developmental education programs:
learning communities and summer bridge programs. Presenters:
Download the Presentations:
- Elisabeth A. Barnett, Senior Research Associate, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Aki Nakanishi, Senior Research Assistant, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Angela Boatman, Research Assistant, Graduate School of Education, Harvard University
- Josh Pretlow, Graduate Research Assistant, Curry School of Education, University of Virginia
- Claire Mitchell, Graduate Research Assistant, Curry School of Education, University of Virginia
- Jed Teres, Research Analyst, MDRC
"Senior Bridge to College: An Exploration of High School Based Alternatives to Developmental Education"
By: Elisabeth A. Barnett & Aki Nakanishi. PDF
"Developmental Summer Bridge Programs: Implementation and Early Evidence From A Random Assignment Study"
By: Josh Pretlow & Claire Mitchell. PDF
"Early Findings from a Random Assignment Study of Learning Communities in Developmental Education"
By: Jed Teres. PDF
Type: Lectures & Talks
Location: The Santa Fe Room, Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, IN
Date & Time: 11/18/2010, 1:00:00 PM - 2:30:00 PM