TCCS AdmissionsThe Teachers College Community School is a non-zoned school that admits Pre-K and kindergarten students by lottery. The lottery process is managed by the New York City Department of Education. Please visit the DoE Pre-K admissions website and the DoE Kindergarten admissions website for more details and to sign up for updates.
KEY DATES AND APPLICATION PROCEDURES
The application period for Pre-K is from Monday, March 16 through Friday, April 24. Visit the NYC DoE's Pre-K web page for more details on the application process and to sign up for email or phone updates.
The deadline for kindergarten applications has been extended to Wednesday, February 18, 2015.
Placement offers will go out to families in April 2015.
Families can apply for kindergarten in one of three ways:
1. online at http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/Elementary/Kindergarten
2. over the phone at 718-935-2400, or
3. in person at a Family Welcome Center.
2015 INFORMATION SESSIONS FOR PRE-K AND KINDERGARTEN PARENTS
Teachers College Community School will host information sessions for prospective Pre-K and kindergarten parents on the following days:
- Tuesday, January 20 at 5:15pm
- Wednesday, January 28 at 5:15pm
- Saturday, February 7 at 10:00am
- Thursday, February 12 at 5:15pm
All information sessions are in the TCCS multi-purpose room. Families need not RSVP to attend the sessions and children are welcome.
LOTTERY SELECTION PRIORITIES
1. District 5 (map) and 6 (map) residents whose siblings will be enrolled in grades K-4 at TCCS in September 2015
2. Students who live outside of Districts 5 and 6 whose siblings will be enrolled in grades K-4 at TCCS in September 2015
3. District 5 or 6 residents who are currently enrolled at the school in Pre-K
4. Students who reside outside of Districts 5 and 6 who are currently enrolled at the school in Pre-K
5. Other Districts 5 and 6 residents
6. Other students who live outside of Districts 5 and 6