Import Existing QuestionsSkip to content Skip to main navigation
Import Existing Questions
August 3, 2016 - August 3, 2016
You may have existing quiz questions that you have already created in a text file or using other software.
Moodle lets you import a variety of formats
Importing from a text file:
- Aiken format - simple format for importing multiple choice questions from a text file
- Embedded answers (Cloze) - to import a passage of text with questions such as multiple-choice and short answer embedded within it
- Gift format - enables multiple-choice, true-false, short answer, matching, missing word, numerical and essay questions to be imported or exported via text file
- Missing word format - enables questions to be imported via text file
Importing from other software, including:
To Import Questions
1. Inside the quiz, go to the Administration Panel > click on Question Bank > Click on Import
2. Choose the type of file you are importing from the list. Click on the question mark next to a file format to find out more information.
Example - Aiken Format
Use Aiken format to easily import multiple choice questions from a Word document.
Format your word document, to match the image below:
Aiken formatted text needs to start with the question on one line followed by A. Answer 1 on the next line and so on. The answer to the question needs to be on the final line.
Save the word document as a .txt file. Upload the .txt file using Aiken format.
The questions will be imported as Moodle multiple choice