Guide #4: How to Set Up Duo Multi-Factor AuthenticationSkip to content Skip to main navigation
How to Set Up Duo Multi-Factor Authentication
Test it with LastPass when install is complete
How to set up Duo and connect to it to your LastPass account
Log in to your LastPass account (if you do not yet have a LastPass account, please contact the Service Desk to request a LastPass account be set up for you).
1. From your LastPass account, click the Account Settings icon on the bottom left corner of the screen.
2. From the Account Settings menu, click Multifactor Options
3. From the Multifactor Options menu, look for Duo. Once you have located Duo, click the pencil icon under the Action column.
4. In the next menu, change the settings to the following:
Permit Offline Access-->Allow
Use Duo Web SDK-->No
5. Once you have verified the settings match the screenshot above, click Update.
6. Enter your LastPass password to confirm the change to your account.
7. LastPass will now prompt you to enroll your smartphone in Duo. Click Enroll to begin the process.
How to install the Duo app on your smartphone
If you have an Android phone: Download the free Duo app from Google Play Store. To locate the Duo app, search Duo Mobile. The icon looks like this:
If you have an Apple iPhone: Download free Duo app from the App Store. To locate the Duo app, search Duo Mobile. The icon looks like this:
Your device is ready to approve Duo authentication requests. Click Send me a Push to give it a try. All you need to do is tap Approve on the Duo login request received at your phone.
Test it with LastPass: Log out of your LastPass account, then log back in to your LastPass account. Before you can access your LastPass account, you will need to approve the login. You should receive a login notification request on your phone. Here’s an example of what the login request screen will look like on your phone:
**Remember: If you did not log in to your LastPass account and this screen appears on your phone, click Deny to block access to your LastPass account, then change your LastPass master password immediately!