How to turn off the built-in password manager in your browserSkip to content Skip to main navigation
How to turn off the built-in password manager in your browser
- Click the Chrome menu in the toolbar.
- Choose “Settings”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings and click “Show advanced settings”.
- Uncheck the following under “Passwords and forms”: “Enable Autofill” to fill out web forms in a single click” and “Offer to save your web passwords”.
- Click the Firefox menu in the toolbar.
- Click the Preferences icon (in some versions of Firefox, this icon may be call “Options”
- Uncheck “Remember logins for sites” and “Use a master password.”
- From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options.
- On the Content tab, under AutoComplete, click Settings.
- Disable “Forms” and “User names and passwords on forms”.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- From the Safari menu, choose Preferences.
- Click the AutoFill icon.
- Uncheck the following: “Using info from my Contacts card”, “User names and passwords”, “Credit cards”, and “Other forms”.