Convocation Ceremony Tickets
- Registration will open online FRIDAY, APRIL 4 through THURSDAY MAY 1, 2014
- Registration access will be available on your MyTC Portal home page after you have been deemed eligible to graduate by the Registrar's office.
- Tickets are issued electronically.
- All guests, including children, must have a ticket for admission to the Teachers College Convocations, and the Columbia University Commencement.
- Degree candidates who march do not need tickets for themselves, but must wear academic attire in order to participate in the ceremonies.
- Communications to TC students about Convocation will be sent to TC Gmail accounts only. Certain updates will only be provided through the TC Convocation App.
- PLEASE REMEMBER to print out your tickets and bring them with you TICKETS ARE NOT MAILED or otherwise distributed.
- Teachers College Convocation is a free event, and tickets, which are made available at no cost, are NOT to be advertised on the Message Center to be either purchased or sold. The Message Center cannot be used for this purpose.
How Many Tickets Do I Receive?
Each degree candidate who registers to march and reserve tickets will be awarded the following number of tickets for their respective ceremony:
- THREE (3) tickets to the Teachers College Masters degree Convocation on May 19 and 20. (Masters Students only)
- SEVEN (7) tickets to the Teachers College Doctoral Hooding Ceremony on May 21st. (Doctoral Students only)
- THREE (3) Tickets to the Columbia University Commencement ceremony. (Masters and Doctoral Students)
- All graduating students must register online to participate in University Commencement and request guest tickets.
- Registration is open to all eligible May 2014 degree candidates, February 2014 and October 2013 graduates.
- Online registration is required only if you plan on attending and participating in the University Commencement ceremony. If you do not plan on attending the ceremony, you do not need to register.
- Please carefully consider how many guest tickets you will need prior to logging into the system. You will have only one opportunity to register and request tickets through this system. Once you log out, you will not be able to log back in to change your reservation and the amount of requested guest tickets.
- Be kind to your fellow classmates and only register for the amount of guest tickets that you intend to actually use.
- TC is aware that many students will want additional tickets. Students who are registered to march may request unassigned tickets after the initial registration process is complete beginning of May.
- Tickets that are unclaimed after the initial ticket distribution will be given out on a first come first served basis.
- The process to register for those tickets will be the same as your initial ticket registration.
- Every registered student will be notified when the online registration for extra tickets will be made available.
Note: Doctoral students who are defending past the registration deadline please contact the Convocation office for more registration details.