advanced organizational development
Guiding Organizations through Permanent Whitewater
Coming Fall 2014
Teachers College, Columbia University
New York, NY
One Day Only - limited to 25 seats
Welcome to the twenty-first century. Learn to become a permanent whitewater guide, rather than being swept away by the turbulent currents of change.
SESSION TOPICS will include:
• What happened to OD?
• The times have changed: now we have to change too
• Mapping your organization’s change portfolio over time
• The change-learning spiral: an approach to leading and managing continuous change
• Key principles for effective change-learning
• The change-learning tool kit
• Mastering the change-learning process
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
• Lead simultaneous, overlapping, and constantly shifting change efforts for maximum impact
• Understanding the relationship between learning and twenty-first century change
• Learn the “core-moves” that must be mastered by your leadership to cope with 21st century change
• Understand the “tool-kit” you’ll need to be a permanent whitewater change guide for your organization
Key takeaways include:
• Why existing models for organization development are no longer able to keep up with the pace of change
• How to think differently about change and to engage organizational leaders in managing change more effectively
• Understanding the “core moves” that must be managed to get on top of permanent whitewater and then go on learning and improving performance
• Assessing your own readiness to move to a more advanced approach to leading organizations through change
Author/editor of 25 books, international consultant, featured speaker, Professor at
Teachers College, Columbia University, and SVP, Center for Creative Leadership.
Professor Pasmore is a Visiting Professor of Organization & Leadership, Teachers College, Columbia University and Senior Vice President of the Center for Creative Leadership. He is the Editor of the Journal of Applied Behavioral Sciences. He is the author/editor of 25 books and numerous scholarly publications. He was a tenured full professor of Organizational Behavior at Case Western Reserve University from 1976-1997, where he taught courses in undergraduate and graduate degree programs in organizational behavior and organization development, and directed the Master’s degree program in Organization Development and Analysis. In 1997, he joined Delta Consulting in New York City, which became part of the Marsh McLennan/Oliver Wyman Corporation. There, he was a member of the executive team and director of global research. He consulted to Fortune 500 and global clients on issues of CEO succession, organization design, human resource effectiveness, and change. He joined the Center for Creative Leadership in 2008 to lead a global practice that helps companies combine leadership development with organization development in order to enhance the impact and return on investment in leadership education. He is a frequent invited speaker at global conferences and corporate events. Professor Pasmore received his undergraduate and doctoral degrees in Management and Administrative Sciences from Purdue University.
Experienced change agents, executives, Human Resources professionals in corporations, government and not for profit organizations who face complex change environments and wish to improve how their organizations perform in the face of permanent whitewater will gain value from this workshop.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Leaders and Executives and Change Agents in