It has been discovered that the Microsoft Word Fillable forms provided by the Office of Doctoral Studies has not worked properly on Mac and Google Docs users. Therefore the Office of Doctoral Studies has changed all forms to fillable PDFs.
Please note that:
1) Do not attempt to fill out the forms within your internet browser or Mac Preview. Please save the form to your computer and use it directly through Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Professional.
2) You will note that the form is protected. This is to keep the formatting the same throughout the file.
3) When you open the file, scroll down until you see the first fill-in block. You can begin typing directly into that block. Some blocks have space limitations, so you may have to abbreviate if you are typing too much.
4) When you wish to go to the next block, you can do one of two things. You can either hit the TAB key once and it will move to the next block, or you can move your cursor over the next block and click it once. When the cursor is blinking on the next area, this means that block is highlighted and ready to be typed in.
5) If you realize you made a mistake and want to go back, you can one of do two things. You can either hold the SHIFT key down and hit the TAB key and it will move back one block at a time, or you can move your cursor to the block you want and click it once.
6) When you are done, please save it. This is good to keep so that should you need to go back to it, you have it available, or if changes need to be made, they can be made easily without filling out the whole form over by hand.
7) When complete, please print it out and ensure you get all signatures required before submitting to ODS for processing.
As with all forms, once all signatures have been received, it is recommended that you scan and E-mail the form to ODS (email@example.com) rather than submitting by hand. This way, you still have the original form and you have written proof that you have submitted it to our office in case there are any questions.