Other Campaign Publications
Equity Matters: Research Reviews
Equity Symposia Publications
- Stimulating Equity? The Impact of the Federal Stimulus Act on Educational Opportunity (Feb 2010)
- Comprehensive Educational Equity: Overcoming the Socioeconomic Barriers to School Success (2008)
- Equal Educational Opportunity: What Now? Reassessing the Role of the Courts, the Law and School Policies (2007)
Examining America's Commitment to Closing Achievement Gaps NCLB and Its Alternatives (2006)
- The Social Costs of Inadequate Education (2005)
Equity Campaign Publications
- Michael A. Rebell (2015), Courts and Kids: Pursuing Educational Equity Through the State Courts 2015 Supplement.
- Michael A. Rebell (2009), Courts and Kids: Pursuing Educational Equity Through the State Courts. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Michael A. Rebell & Jessica R. Wolff (2009), NCLB at the Crossroads, Reexamining the Federal Effort to Close the Achievement Gap. New York: Teachers College Press.
- Michael A. Rebell & Jessica R. Wolff (2008), Moving Every Child Ahead: From NCLB Hype to Meaningful Educational Opportunity, New York: Teachers College Press
- Michael A. Rebell & Jessica R. Wolff (2008), Summary of Recommendations from Moving Every Child Ahead: From NCLB Hype to Equal Educational Opportunity, submitted to the U.S. House Committee on Education and Labor and the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (9/5/2007)
- Sharon Lynn Kagan (2006), American Early Childhood Education: Preventing or Perpetuating Inequity
- U.S. Supreme Court Amicus Brief by Amy Staurt Wells, et. al and submitted on behalf of The Campaign for Educational Equity (This brief supports the Respondents in Nos. 05-908 and 05-915).
- Michael Rebell & Hunter, Molly (2006), The Right to Pre-School in Education Adequacy Litigations
Michael Rebell, Professional Rigor, Public Engagement and Judicial Review: A Proposal for Enhancing the Validity of Education Adequacy Studies (Teachers College Record, Volume 109, Number 6, 2007).
School Funding Litigation as a Framework for Education Reform: Applying the Lessons of the Education Adequacy Movement to the Reauthorization of the No Child Left Behind Act -- Summary (March 2006)
Teachers College Publications
, Annual Report, 2004, A Campaign for Equity (June 2005) Columbia University
Equity-Related Books by Teachers College Faculty
Allegrante, J.P., & Sleet, D.A., eds. (2004). Derryberry's Educating for Health: A Foundation for Contemporary Health Education Practice.
: Jossey-Bass. San Francisco
Gordon, E. W., Bridglall, B. L., &
, A. S. (Eds.). (in press). Supplementary Education. The College Board and Rowman and Littlefield Publishers. Meroe
Garcia, Ofelia, Tove Skutnabb-Kangas and Mara Torres-Guzmn, eds., Imagining Multilingual Schools: Language in Education and Glocalization. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters.
Jay Heubert, High Stakes: Testing for Tracking, Promotion, and Graduation (co-editor) (National Academy Press, 1999)
Jay Heubert, Law and School Reform: Six Strategies for Promoting Educational Equity (editor) (Yale University Press, 2000)
Sharon Lynn Kagan, Reinventing Early Care and Education: A Vision for a Quality System (in press, Jossey-Bass, co-ed.).
Sharon Lynn Kagan, Putting Families First: America's Family Support Movement and the Challenge of Change (in press, Jossey-Bass, co-editor).
Clive Belfield and Henry Levin, Privatizing Educational Choice: Consequences for Parents, Schools and Public Policy (Paradigm Publishers, 2004)
Arthur Levine, When Hope and Fear Collide: A Portrait of Today's College Student (Jossey-Bass, 1998).
Michael Rebell, Equality and Education (Princeton University Press, 1985)
Michael Rebell, Educational Policy Making and the Courts (University of Chicago Press, 1982)
Richard Rothstein, Class and Schools (Economic Policy Institute, 2004)
- Amy Stuart Wells and Janice Petrovich (eds.), Bringing Equity Back (Teachers College Press, 2005)
Amy Stuart Wells, Both Sides Now: Looking Back on School Desegregation (Harvard University Press, 2009)