Kane, Pearl R. (prk4) | Teachers College Columbia UniversitySkip to content Skip to main navigation
Klingenstein Family Professor for the Advancement of Independent School Education
Klingenstein Family Chair Professor and Director
Organization & Leadership
- B.A., City College of New York
- M.Ed., Smith College
- Sixth year certificate in Administration and Supervisor, Hunter College
- Ed.D., Teachers College, Columbia University
- Doctoral Interdisciplinary focus: Teacher training, administration, and organization development. Advisor and dissertation sponsor, Lawrence A. Cremin
Independent schools. Private school governance. School choice and privatization. Professional development of teachers and administrators.
- The Colors of Excellence (TC Press)
- Independent School, Independent Thinkers (Jossey-Bass).
- The First Year of Teaching: Real World Stories from America's Teachers (Walker).
- The Challenge in Trusteeship (Association of Governing Boards).
- "Leadership in the New Millenium" (Independent Schools).