Marrone, Stephen R. (srm2015) | Teachers College Columbia UniversitySkip to content Skip to main navigation
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Nursing Education
Associate Professor of Nursing Long Island University School of Nursing.
Organization & Leadership
- Ed.D., Teachers College, Columbia University
- M.S., University of Delaware
- B.S., Long Island University
Transcultural nursing administration. education, and practice. Cultural competency. Organizational excellence. Health disparities. Care of vulnerable populations.
- Marrone, S.R. (2012). Organizational cultural competence. In Purnell, L., & Paulanka, B. (Eds.). Transcultural health care: A culturally competent approach (4th ed.). Philadelphia: F.A. Davis.
- Marrone, S.R., Eason, J., McLeod, C., Marriott, C., Alleyne, J., Walker, D., & Bish, C. (2011). Weaning the unweanable: Management of the patient requiring external ventilation. Advance For Nurses, November, 10 - 11.
- Marrone, S.R. (2011). Transcultural nursing scholars corner: Promoting culturally competent care in health care services. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 22, 307.
- Marrone, S.R. (2010). Organizational cultural competency. In Douglas, M., & Pacquiao, D. (Eds.). Core curriculum in transcultural nursing and health care. Thousand Oaks, CA; Sage.
- Marrone, S.R. (2010). Transcultural self-efficacy research and magnet recognition. In Jeffreys, M.R. Teaching cultural competence in nursing and health care (2nd ed.). New York: Springer.
- Marrone, S.R. (2010). Transcultural nursing administration: A 21st century imperative. Voice of Nursing Leadership, 8, 6 - 7.
- Marrone, S.R. (2008). Factors that influence critical care nurses’ intentions to provide culturally congruent care to Arab Muslims. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 19: 8 - 15
- Cohen, L., Trim, N., Alleyne, J., & Marrone, S.R. (2007). Glycemic control for diabetic transplant patients: An evidence-based approach. Nursing Spectrum, December, 18 – 19
- Nash, I., Rojas, M., Hepert, P, Marrone, S., Colgan, C., Fisher, L., Caliendo, G., & Chassin, M. (2005). Reducing excessive medication administration in hospitalized adults with renal dysfunction. American Journal of Medical Quality, 20: 64 - 69.
- Marrone, S.R. (2002). The globalization of nursing. Nursing Spectrum, 14: 8 - 9.
- Marrone, S.R. (2001). When the sun shines you cannot see the moon. In Munhall, P., Madden, E. & Fitzsimons, V. (Eds.). The emergence of man into the 21st century. Boston: Jones & Bartlett.
- Marrone, S.R. (1999). Nursing in Saudi Arabia: Leadership development of a multicultural staff. Journal of Nursing Administration, 29: 1 - 3.
- Marrone, S.R. (1999). Designing a competency-based nursing practice model in a multicultural setting. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 15: 56 - 62.
- Gary, R., Marrone, S. & Boyles, C. (1998). The use of gaming strategies in a transcultural setting. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 29: 221 - 227.