Federal Student Aid
Federal Student LoansTo be eligible for any form of federal aid, students must meet several requirements. Click here to learn how to maintain eligibility for federal financial aid.
Federal Perkins Loan
- Interest rate: 5%, fixed
- Origination fee: None
- Grace period: Nine months after graduation or dropping below six credit hours
Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Interest rate: 5.41% fixed variable
- Origination fee: 1.072%
- Grace period: Six months after graduation or dropping below six credit hours
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
- Interest rate: 6.41% fixed variable
- Origination fee: 4.288%
- Grace period: None; repayment begins 30 to 60 days after graduation or dropping below six credit hours unless other arrangements are made with the student's servicer
Students who are denied the Graduate PLUS Loan are eligible to secure an endorser for the loan. This process will be completed on studentloans.gov using the "Endorse a Direct PLUS Loan" option on the left side of the page. Another option would be for the student to provide documentation of extenuating circumstances to Applicant Services showing that the situation causing the unsatisfactory credit decision was resolved. Contact Applicant Services at 1-800-557-7394. Click here for detailed instructions on what to do if your credit for the Graduate PLUS Loan has been denied.
We encourage students to view their lender information and borrowing history by checking the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Directions on how to accept your aid can be found on this page.