Veteran BenefitsAid for United States Veterans at TC
In addition to TC's Institutional Scholarships, there are several opportunities for U.S. military personnel to receive both federal and state financial aid.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Teachers College is pleased to announce its participation in the Department of Veteran Affairs' Yellow Ribbon Program. The scope of benefits provided by the Post 9/11 GI Bill and the Yellow Ribbon Program will help make obtaining a Teachers College education possible for eligible veterans, regardless of socio-economic status.
Please click here to see the Teachers College Veteran Benefits website to learn more about the Yellow Ribbon Program and how to apply. You are also able to read TC's official announcement of its Yellow Ribbon Program participation here.
Resources for Federal Aid
Resources for State Aid
- New York State Higher Education Corporation (HESC) – Information on TAP (Tuition Assistance Program). For some state awards, such as the Veterans Tuition Awards (below), it is necessary to complete the TAP application.
- New York State Division of Veterans' Affairs offers Veterans Tuition Awards (VTA) for full-time study and part-time study for eligible veterans matriculated at an undergraduate or graduate degree-granting institution in New York State. Students must re-apply each year.
- New York State Division of Military & Naval Affairs – Information for current and former New York State National Guard members.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation – Scholarship opportunities for children of current and former Marines.
- Military.com Scholarship Finder
- National Military Family Association Joanne Holbrook Patton Military Spouse Scholarship Program – Scholarships are awarded to spouses of Uniformed Services members (active duty, National Guard and Reserve, retirees, and survivors) to obtain professional certification or to attend post secondary or graduate school. Scholarships range in amount from $500 to $1,000, and the number awarded each year varies depending on funding.
- ThanksUSA Scholarships – Scholarships are awarded to spouses and dependent children of active-duty military personnel.
- Pat Tillman Military Scholarship – The Tillman Military Scholarships support educational opportunities for servicemembers and their families.
- VA Mortgage Center Military Education Scholarships – The VA Mortgage Center offers scholarships twice a year, in May and November. Visit the page to learn about the eligibility requirements.
- Veterans' Scholarship, Fund for Veterans' Education – The Fund for Veterans’ Education will provide scholarships to help meet the financial needs of veterans from all branches of the United States Armed Forces who served in Afghanistan or Iraq since September 11, 2001 and who are now enrolled in college.
Most questions related to Veterans' Benefits certification will be best answered by the Office of the Registrar. Any issues relating to payments made toward your Teachers College student account will be handled by the Office of Student Accounts. If your question is related to a scholarship that you have received through Teachers College or if you have questions related to your federal aid package, please contact our office.