What kind of employment opportunities can you expect as a Health Educator?
Health Educators Can Anticipate Favorable Growth Pattern
Those with a Master's Degree Will be Competitive in Securing Employment. The industries employing the majority of Health Educators have highly favorable projected growth patterns for the coming decade, 2010-2020, given the projections of the BLS (2012):
- 60% growth is expected in Religious, grantmaking, civic, professional, and similar organizations
- 60% growth is expected in Social Assistance
- 38% growth is expected in Health Care
- 36% growth is expected in Educational services; state, local, and private
- 9% growth is expected in Government
REFERENCE: Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS, 2012). Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Health Educators. U.S. Department of Labor. Retrieved August 8, 2012 from http://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/health-educators.htm.