Teachers College, Columbia University
Health Ed Links
Health Education Links
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance - AAHPERD is the largest organization of professionals supporting and assisting those involved in physical education, leisure, fitness, dance, health promotion, and education and all specialties related to achieving a healthy lifestyle.
- American College Health Association
ACHA provides advocacy, education and services for its members to enhance their ability to improve the health of all students and the campus community.
- American Public Health Association
APHA is the oldest and largest organization of public health professionals in the world, representing more than 50,000 members from over 50 occupations of public health.
- American School Health Association
ASHA unites the many professionals working in schools who are committed to safeguarding the health of school-aged children.
- Association of State and Territorial Directors of Health Promotion and Public Health Education
ASTDHPPE promotes the quality practice of health education and health promotion as core disciplines of public health practice.
- National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
NCHEC's mission is to improve the quality of health education practice through the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of a certification process for health education specialists (CHES exam), and through the promotion of scientific, ethical, and state-of-the-art programs of professional preparation and continuing education.
- Society for Public Health Education
SOPHE is a national health education organization that promotes, encourages and contributes to the advancement of health of all people through education.