Dietetic Registration Exam
Students wishing to become a registered dietitian (R.D.) must pass a national registration examination. This exam cannot be taken until a bachelor's degree, Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), and Dietetic Internship Program (DI) have been completed.
If you are interested in completing the Didactic Program in Dietetic (DPD) that will enable you to apply to a Dietetic Internship Program (DI), you should complete the following five steps:
- Gather transcripts from each of the undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
- Review the courses you have completed and compare them with the DPD course requirements.
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Jacqueline Ehlert, in order to develop a plan to complete required DPD coursework concurrent with your master's degree coursework.
- Complete the required DPD coursework through a combination of Teachers College courses and courses available at local undergraduate institutions.
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Ehlert at least four months in advance of the application deadline you wish to meet for the Dietetic Internship Program. During your scheduled appointment with Dr. Ehlert, you will provide all transcripts confirming completion of DPD courses (or DPD courses in progress). Dr. Ehlert will work with our partner undergraduate institution to provide you with a signed "verification" statement verifying that you have successfully completed all DPD requirements. You will submit the verification statement along with other application materials when applying to the Dietetic Internship Program.